|Written By Recipe Coordinator|
This tangy and tasty apple cake recipe was used by Kristy Vike-Manthe of Stoughton, Wisconsin to win 2nd place in the Wisconsin Apple Growers Association 2008 recipe contest. I love the caramel and vanilla instant pudding mix. This cake is moist and goes down smooth.
1 package yellow cake mix
1 package vanilla instant pudding & pie filling (4 serving size)
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
3 medium apples peeled; coarsely chopped (I use Paula Reds)
3 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan.
2. Beat cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, eggs, and oil in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until blended.
3. Beat on high speed 2 minutes. Gently stir in apples. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Bake 50 minutes to one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool 20 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
6. Microwave caramels and milk in microwavable bowl on high 1 1/2 minutes stirring after every 30 seconds until blended.
7. Cool 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
Drizzle over cake.
This recipe won 2nd place in the Wisconsin Apple Growers Association 2008 Apple Recipe Contest Winners, desserts category.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Apple Growers Association and Kristy Vike-Manthe of Stoughton, Wisconsin.
Photo courtesy of Betty Crocker.com and General Mills.