|Written By Scott Campbell|
This delicious and extremely easy to make burger recipe uses ground beef and white onions to perfection. Mushrooms add a hint of character and texture to a perfect end of the summer weekend fare. Serve with potato chips or crinkle French fries.
2 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 yellow or white onion
2 white potatoes (medium sized)
10 medium to small button mushrooms
1 bottle of Mrs. Dash Table Blend
fresh ground pepper
either one bottle of Newman's own beef gravy or homemade gravy
1. Peel potatoes. Set oven to 325 degrees. Form one half of the hamburger into four separate rounds 4" around with a raised lip.
2. Slice potatoes no thicker than 1/4". Stack 4-5 potato slices onto hamburger.
3. Slice onions no thicker than 1/8". Place two slices of onion on top of potatoes. You can also put one or two slices on bottom first. If onion is larger then potatoes, you can cut onion in half.
4. Place slices of mushrooms around potato onto hamburger. Season with Mrs. Dash, garlic, a pinch of thyme, nutmeg and pepper.
5. Cover each combo with a fourth of hamburger. Make sure to cover lower hamburger combo completely.
6. Pinch top to bottom. Dock hamburger on the top to vent.
7. Sprinkle more mushrooms on top and lightly press into hamburger. Put in oven.
8. Cook for one hour or until hamburger is cooked through and medium-well done. Take out of oven.
9. Heat up gravy. Pour on top. Sprinkle on more pepper.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Scott Campbell of Denver, Colorado.
Photo courtesy of bestgroundbeefrecipes.com.