|Written By Recipe Coordinator|
This great Tomato Bloody Mary beverage recipe is a perfect concoction to use up any tomatoes that you have left over from your summer harvest. It is a very refreshing summer cocktail that can be made for any adult social gathering.
For Tomato Water
4 pounds fresh vine-on tomatoes
2 stalks lemon grass
4 serrano chiles
1 small bermuda onion
Salt to taste
1. In several batches, coarsely chop and puree in a food processor the tomatoes, lemon grass, chiles and onion.
2. Add salt to taste. Transfer pulp to a cheesecloth and suspend over a large stockpot. Refrigerate. Leave to strain about 12 to 24 hours, until pulp volume has reduced by 2/3.
To Make Cocktails:
1. Fill a highball glass with ice and add 1 1/2 ounces Absolut Citron.
2. Fill with 3 ounces tomato water.
3. Garnish with a small sun gold tomato.
Makes 1 liter of tomato water, enough for brunch.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Todd Thrasher at Restaurant Eve in Alexandria, Virginia.