|Written By Recipe Coordinator|
Are we not always looking for easy, quick and taste in the morning? This ham and cheese sandwich fits the bill in a big way. Forget fast food. You can easily make this by yourself in the company of your own oven. Very simple with only 4 main ingredients. Start the day right with good old fashioned ham and cheese!
4 ounces thinly sliced lower-sodium deli ham
4 large eggs
4 English muffins, split and toasted
4 (1-ounce) slices Emmentaler or Swiss cheese
1. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray.
3. Add ham to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan. Recoat pan with cooking spray. Crack eggs into pan.
4. Cover and cook for 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat.
5. Place 4 muffin halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Top each half with 1 cheese slice.
6. Broil for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
7. Divide ham among cheese-topped muffin halves; top each with 1 egg and 1 muffin half.
Makes 4 servings (serving size 1 sandwich)
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light Magazine, published August 2011. Photo courtesy of John Autry with styling by Leigh Ann Ross