|Written By Recipe Coordinator|
Broiled chicken oregano is a classic Greek recipe that is terribly easy to create, inexpensive and quick. This chicken recipe is the perfect weekend grill recipe or lack of time weekday recipe. Most folks have chicken pieces in the freezer so this exquisite meal would be almost effortless to make. Enjoy with a chilled glass of wine and καλή όρεξη!
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon minced garlic
One 2 1/2-to 3-pound chicken, cut into serving pieces
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl.
2. Marinade chicken pieces for 2 hours inn a refrigerator.
3. Before broiling, bring to room temperature.
4. Remove chicken from marinade and put on a hot grill.
5. Barbecue over charcoal or under broiler for 15 minutes on each side, or until golden brown, basting often with marinade.
Recipe courtesy of:
St. Paul’s Greek Orthodox Church. The Complete Book of Greek Cooking. New York. Harper Perennial, 1990.
Photo courtesy of manosgreekrestaurant.com.