|Written By Recipe Coordinator|
Did you know a medium-size Georgia peach contains only 38 calories, fewer than comparable-sized apples or pears? Awesome! This peach pound cake is the perfect summer dessert. Easy, light and extremely colorful with mounds of flavor. Enjoy!
1 cup Butter plus
2 tablespoon Butter
2-1/4 cup Sugar, divided
1 teaspoon Vanilla
3 cup All-purpose flour, divided
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 cup Chopped, fresh Georgia peaches
1. Grease a 10-inch tube pan with 2 tablespoons butter.
2. Sprinkle pan with 1/4 cup sugar. Cream remaining butter; gradually add remaining sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Add vanilla and mix well. Combine 2-3/4 cups flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until well blended.
4. Dredge peaches with remaining 1/4 cup flour. Fold peaches into batter.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 325*F for 1 hour 10 minutes.
6. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Yields 16 servings.
Photo and recipe courtesy of the Georgia Peach Council.