|Written By Recipe Coordinator|
Salmon and Raspberries go quite well togehter. This outstanding salmon recipe blends tangy flavors with healthy choices. Easy to make. Light on the food budget. Impress your dinner guests with a wonderfully thoughtful meal choice.
1 pint fresh or 10 ounces frozen and thawed raspberries
2 shallots, chopped
1/4 cup 365 Everyday Value Organic Dijon Mustard
1/4 cup 365 Everyday Value Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3 cup raspberry or white wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
4 (3 ounce) salmon fillets
365 Everyday Value Organic Expeller Pressed Canola Oil (optional)
8 cups mixed salad greens
1. Put raspberries, shallots, and mustard in a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth.
2. Slowly add the olive oil and process until a smooth emulsion forms. Add vinegar until well combined.
3. Taste and season with salt and pepper. If dressing is too thick, add a small amount of water or cranberry juice.
4. Lightly brush salmon with canola oil, then season with salt and pepper.
5. grill, bake or broil until just done, allowing about 10 minutes cooking time per inch of thickness.
6. Warm 1/2 cup of the raspberry vinaigrette in a small saucepan.
7. Arrange fillets on serving plates over salad greens and drizzle with warmed vinaigrette.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Whole Foods Market.