|Written By Recipe Coordinator|
This protein charged, taste enhanced tailgating recipe honors the University of Washington Huskies Pacific-10 football team. Seattle, Washington is certainly chock full of Asian influences and culture. Tailgate by Husky Stadium and be sure to share with “Harry the Husky.” Go Huskies!
I cup hot and spicy or other flavored ketchup
1/4 cup Asian sesame oil
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger or to taste
4 tuna steaks (about 4 to 6 ounces each)
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Combine ketchup, sesame oil, soy sauce and ginger.
3. Pour over tuna and turn several times to coat. Cover and marinate for 20 minutes.
4. Remove tuna from marinade, scraping off as much marinade as possible.
5. Transfer marinade to a saucepan and add 3 tablespoons water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a light simmer. Taste marinade and add water if necessary.
6. Meanwhile, cook fish over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
7. Slice fish diagonally and drizzle with sauce.
8. You can stick with the classic original. The fish also can be cooked over high heat in a nonstick skillet for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe courtesy of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and their eveningedge.com food and recipe section.