|Written By Administrator|
2 Cup(s) Guinness Extra Stout
3 Sticks Unsalted Butter
1 1/2 Cup(s) Unsweetened Chocolate Chunks
4 Cup(s) All Purpose Flour
4 Cup(s) Sugar
1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
4 Large Eggs
1 1/2 Cup(s) Sour Cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Bring stout and butter to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium heat. Do not boil.
3. Add unsweetened chocolate chunks to hot stout/butter mixture. Whisk until chocolate melts. Turn heat off and let cool.
4. Add sugar to chocolate mixture and whisk to combine.
5. Sift flour, baking soda and salt.
6. In a stand-alone mixer with a whisk attachment, combine the eggs and sour cream on medium speed.
7. Add stout-chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and combine on medium-low speed until encorporated.
8. Slowly add flour mixture in thirds to chocolate mixture with whisk attachment. Scrape the sides with your whisk to make sure you get all the dry ingredients combined.
9. Place cupcake papers in pan and divide batter into cups evenly. Fill about 2/3 of the cup.
10. Bake for 18-24 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch, and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cupcake.
11. Let cool on wire rack before frosting.
Recipe and picture used with permission from www.celebrations.com