|Written By Recipe Coordinator|
Stan B. of Alpharetta, Georgia submitted this football and tailgating recipe while recovering from another Bulldog victory. Easy to make while also being plentiful, Stan hopes all will use this recipe at their own tailgating parties. Great job Stan!
1 (8-ounce) can of refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 pound maple breakfast sausage links, cooked according to package instructions
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons brown mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 175F. Gently separate the dough into 4 equal rectangles.
2. Seal the remaining perforation together with your fingertips. Cut each rectangle lengthwise into three strips.
3. Top one strip of the dough with a sausage link and roll it up. Seal that seam and place, seam-side down, on a large ungreased baking sheet.
4. Repeat with the remaining dough strips and sausages, placing them about two inches apart on the sheet. Bake until the dough is puffed and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
5. To make the dipping sauce, in a small bowl combine the maple syrup and the mustard. Serve the "pigs" hot with the sauce.
This dish can be made ahead of time. Just cover the sheet with plastic wrap before oven heating and refrigerate overnight.
Makes 12 servings.