|Written By Recipe Coordinator|
This delectable and easy cookie recipe spotlights The Auburn Tigers football team which represents Auburn University in college football as a member of the NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision, competing in the Western Division of the Southeastern Conference (SEC). Tailgating at Jordan-Hare with these wonderful chocolate chip cookies will make you the hit of the tailgating party! Go Tigers!
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
1. Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
3. Combine flour, soda, and salt in a small bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well.
4. Stir in morsels. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
5. Bake at 350*F for 8 to 14 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
6. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes about 5 dozen.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Southern Living Magazine.