|Written By Recipe Coordinator|
Kerrygold offers a true taste of Ireland. Founded in 1961 by the Irish Dairy Board, Kerrygold butter has a wonderful and rich history. The winds, rain and warming influence of the Gulf Stream all contribute to the lush grass their cows feed on year-round. This in turn allows Kerrygold to produce the sweetest, richest milk in the world which makes the subsequent butter all the more special and delicious tasting. This salmon with lemon and herb butter sauce is unbelievably tasty and perfect for a true holiday celebration. Enjoy and have a Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
4 Salmon fillets
2 tablespoons Kerrygold butter
Salt and pepper
150 grams Kerrygold Butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
100 milliliters dry white wine
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon chopped chives
150 milliliter cream
Salt and white pepper
Parsley and lemon slices for garnish
1. To make the sauce melt Kerrygold butter in a pan and gently cook the onion until soft.
2. Add wine, lemon juice rind and chives and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Slowly add cream and continue to simmer until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Keep sauce warm while salmon is cooking.
4. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper, dot with Kerrygold butter and grill until cooked through.
5. Serve with the buttery sauce and garnish with lemon slices and parsley.
(Note: If the sauce starts to separate, beat vigorously until smooth or add a little more cream)
Recipe and photo courtesy of Kerrygold.