|Written By Recipe Coordinator|
If ever in Chicago, you can order this dessert at the Walnut Room in the Macy’s flagship store downtown. A lovely holiday dessert that is the perfect memory maker for your young boy or girl. Vanilla ice cream mixed with chocolate pieces has to be the best. Your family will never forget this holiday sundae treat. Happy Holidays!
4 large marshmallows
Liquid red food coloring
4 scoops vanilla ice cream
12 raisins, semisweet chocolate pieces or dried cranberries
2 red maraschino cherries, halved
4 red licorice twists, halved, or 8 tiny candy canes or cookie sticks
1. Make the snowman heads by painting a face on each marshmallow, using a toothpick dipped in the red food coloring.
2. Place 1 scoop of ice cream in each of four chilled dessert dishes.
3. Arrange 3 raisins in a line down the center of each scoop to resemble buttons.
4. Top each scoop with one of the marshmallow heads.
5. Place half a cherry on top of each marshmallow to make hats.
6. Stick 2 licorice twists into each scoop of ice cream for arms.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Midwest Living.