|Written By Recipe Coordinator|
Popcorn and St. Patrick’s Day just seem to go together. This popcorn recipe will thrill all your partygoers and get your St. Patrick’s Day party a poppin!
4 quarts popped popcorn
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
8 to 10 drops green food coloring
1. Place popcorn in a large roasting pan; keep warm in a 250*F oven.
2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sugars, water, corn syrup, vinegar and salt.
3. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
4. Cook, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 250*F (hard-ball stage).
5. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter until melted.
6. Stir in the food coloring. Drizzle over warm popcorn and toss to coat.
7. Cool. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Makes 6 quarts.
Test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; then thermometer should read 212*F. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Recipe courtesy of Karen Weber of Salem, Missouri and Taste of Home Magazine.
Photo courtesy of Taste of Home Magazine.