|Written By Recipe Coordinator|
This tasty Thai inspired chicken recipe packs a powerful and spicy wallop. This chicken and curry recipe tops out at 219 calories with 27 grams of protein. A wonderful and healthy recipe that is easy to make and incredibly easy to eat!
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3 or 4 breasts), cut into bite-size pieces.
2 tablespoons curry powder
1/2 cup canned light coconut milk
1 tablespoon canned tomato paste
2 teaspoon vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh ginger
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In a 2-quart, microwavable dish, stir the chicken with the oil until it’s good and greasy.
2. Stir in the curry powder, garlic, onion, ginger, and cayenne pepper.
3. Microwave for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring a few times, until the spices are fragrant and the chicken is almost cooked through.
4. Move the chicken to the sides of the dish and mix the coconut milk and tomato paste in the middle.
5. Mix thoroughly with the chicken and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
6. Heat for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring a few times, until the sauce thickens slightly. Stir in the salt and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Men’s Health Magazine, published May 2005.
Photo courtesy of bbcgoodfood.com.