|Written By Recipe Coordinator|
This Cuban sandwich recipe is to die for! Bring the taste of the islands into your home in a spectacular way. Add a gorgeous cocktail or an ice cold beverage and enjoy a leisurely meal.
1/2 Cuban, French, or Italian bread
2 slices turkey breast
1--2 slices roast pork
1--2 slices cooked or boiled ham
1 slice Swiss cheese
1. Split the loaf lengthwise.
2. Butter the inside of one half and spread mustard on the other inside half.
3. Layer with turkey, roast pork, ham, and cheese and replace the top half to the sandwich. If you wish, lightly butter the outside.
4. Wrap the sandwich in aluminum foil and place on a heated skillet over low heat.
5. Place a second, heavier skillet on top of the wrapped sandwich and allow the sandwich to crisp for 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Turn it over and repeat on the other side for another 1 to 2 minutes.
Unwrap and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Latina Magazine.
Photo courtesy of King Arthur Flour.