|Written By Administrator|
Spaghetti al Pomodoro
Makes 4 Servings
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 28-ounce can peeled whole san marzano tomatoes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 fresh basil leaves, minced
1 lb. spaghetti
Freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano
1. Heat oil in a earthenware or enameled cast-iron pot over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and sautĂ©, stirring frequently, until golden, about 3 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, along with the juice from the can. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Increase heat to high, bring sauce to a boil, and cook until liquid has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes.
6. Add basil leaves and cook for 15 minutes more.
7. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, 10-12 minutes.
8. Drain in a colander, add pasta to sauce, and salt well.
Serve with parmigiano.