|Written By Recipe Coordinator|
This incredible pasta recipe can be served warm or cold. The pasta is extremely easy to make and totals only 370 calories. You will not find a more healthy recipe choice. Add a glass of red wine and enjoy pasta with an insane amount of flavor and comfort!
3 1 / 2 cups seeded and diced ripe tomatoes
8 scallions, whites and pale greens only, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
1 clove garlic, minced
1 / 4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 / 4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 / 4 cup diced fresh mozzarella
Salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
12 ounces whole-grain rotini pasta
1. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, scallions, capers, basil, oregano and garlic.
2. Toss well, then add the vinegar, oil and mozzarella. Toss again to mix.
3. Season with salt and pepper; let sit 30 minutes.
4. When ready to serve, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
5. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
6. Drain the pasta and add to the tomato mixture. Toss well. Serve warm or cold.
Makes 6 servings.
Calories per serving:
32 percent calories from fat;
13 grams total fat;
3 grams saturated fat,no trans fat;
8 milligrams cholesterol;
52 grams carbohydrates;
7 grams total fiber;
14 grams protein;
279 milligrams sodium;
Recipe and photo courtesy of the Florida Sun-Sentinel.