|Written By Recipe Coordinator|
A simple, colorful way to brighten any table. Only 3 ingredients are required to make a salad full of joy. Enjoy!
1 (15-oz.) can Bing cherries (dark, sweet pitted cherries)
2 (8-oz.) cans crushed pineapple in juice
1 (6-oz.) package cherry-flavored gelatin
1 cup cold water
Click to see savings
Garnishes: poppy seeds, arugula leaves
1. Drain cherries and pineapple, reserving 1 1/2 cups juice in a saucepan. (If necessary, add water to equal 1 1/2 cups.)
2. Bring juice mixture to a boil over medium heat; stir in gelatin, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until gelatin dissolves.
3. Remove from heat, and stir in 1 cup cold water. Chill until consistency of unbeaten egg whites (about 1 1/2 hours).
4. Gently stir in drained cherries and pineapple.
5. Pour mixture into a 8-inch square baking dish or 8 (2/3-cup) molds.
6. Cover and chill 8 hours or until firm.
Dollop with mayonnaise, and garnish, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Southern Living Magazine. Recipe published March 2011. Photo by Jennifer Davick. Article written by Donna Florio.