|Written By Administrator|
There is something devilish about these eggs! Spiced up with jalapeno peppers, these add a flavored kick to your.
12 eggs, hard cooked and peeled
1/2 cup mayonnaise (reduced-calorie, if desired)
2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced *
2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
Fresh cilantro, for garnish
1. Halve the eggs lengthwise.
2. Remove the yolks and in a small bowl mash them with the mayonnaise and mustard.
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
4. Taste for seasoning; adding salt or pepper if desired.
5. Transfer yolk mixture to a quart-size self-sealing plastic bag.
6. Snip off a small part of one corner, and use the bag to pipe the filling into the egg white halves.
7. Place eggs on a serving tray, cover and refrigerate (up to one day).
8. Garnish eggs with fresh cilantro sprigs.
Makes 12-16 servings
* Use rubber gloves when handling peppers
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board.