|Written By Recipe Coordinator|
This lovely pecan recipe will help you ease your way into the chill of winter. Make a batch for your friends and keep some on hand throughout the holiday season.
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon curry powder
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1 pound shelled pecan halves (4 cups)
1. Preheat the oven to 300*F.
2. Heat the butter, oil, curry powder, salt, cinnamon, cumin and cayenne in a small saucepan over medium heat to release the flavors and dissolve the salt.
3. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and add the nuts.
4. Toss the nuts to coat them thoroughly.
5. Spread them in a single layer on a foil-lined baking pan with sides.
6. Bake 30 minutes, stirring well every 10 minutes, until the nuts are deeply browned.
7. Slide the foil out of the pan onto a cooling rack and let the nuts cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Makes 4 cups.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Fine Cooking Magazine and sunsentinel.com. Recipe originally published 12/10/09.